Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Here's a tidbit of information anyone who knows me or reads my blog might find interesting: the workshop I teach of a Wednesday (yes, I actually teach stuff to first year students - me the resource of information as a second year) turned, today, into trying to explain Donnie Darko, firstly, to the people who hadn't seen it, and then secondly trying to explain to the people who have seen it why it's a 'disturbed' movie (with each person who has seen it having their own opinion as to why). Eventually it turned into a debate as to why traveling backwards in time to correct a problem or the like cannot work. Unfortunately, my poor students didn't know that I have thought long and hard about how stupid the notion of purposeful backwards time travel is (I even wrote a blog post about it) and it turned into some pseudo-science lesson. Everyone had some fun thinking about the idea before we got back on task - back to the boring stuff.

Thomas.

No comments: