Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ok, so lack of updates around here are coming to be more expected than updates. Apologies concerning this. I do have posts that are nearly ready to be posted, existing as drafts unpublished, however, after I get to a point in writing them, creative juices and self-motivation disappear as quickly as they came. I will, though, endeavor to get them up soon, even if it means I just end up posting what it is I had left as the draft.

But, at the moment, I have been occupied with one or two things. First, the recent influx of polls I'm seeing on blogs has inspired me to try my hand at them of my own. At least it will give those visitors something to do when they see, once again, no updates.

Second, the first poll it about something else I've seen a lot of. While I have, for a very long time, renounced the idea of creating a MySpace account for myself, after a few recent social functions, and being asked "Do you have a MySpace account?" to which I would reply "No, I have a blog." would would be followed by a collective groan of boredom, I think it might be time to bend to popular opinion once again.

Third, I've begun to upload videos to YouTube. Now, before you flock over, as I know you all will, to see if there is some sort of Thomas rant-esque video plaguing the Internet's tubes , I've only uploaded some videos of birds and a lizard that I've encountered. Soon I'll put up something of our pet bird, rather than wild, savage and crazed ones. After that, well, it could be followed by a video of an 18 Cup tournament, then who knows.

Fourth, and really the best thing I am working on at the moment, is an email/essay/flame-mail about a site called godhatesgoths.com I'm not about to link to the site, lest I give it even one piece of traffic through my site. However, suffice to say, it snagged my interest after being alerted to this site. I emailed another church/cult/persecution church not so long ago that I shall not link here lest my blog appear in a search for the site. Suffice to say, however, it was far worse and far more disgusting that the site I am currently examining.

I say I am writing an email/essay/flame-mail because that's exactly what this is going to turn out to be. It has the structure and style of a Sociology1002 essay, it's getting to them by email and, best of all, I was them to read it and get angry. I will be posting it here for all to read in it's glory, however, I do warn that you must really see the irony and satire in it before you think that I actually am calling your God a Nazi or a Goth. Because those are two conclusions I come to.

Fifth, and last, the blog will go on a hiatus between the 6th of February and the 3rd of March, plus any additional days it takes for me to recover from jet-lag. Yes, Thomas is going on a trip, and in an effort to not show off, I'll only list the countries I'm going to, rather than any real specifics: Singapore, U.K. Turkey, Poland, Italy, China. Suffice?

Thomas.

No comments: