Sunday, March 18, 2007

I've added a new element to my page on the right hand side over there, and for good cause which I will get to soon. It's a list of the last five movies I saw, so that I, and you, can keep track of what it is I'm doing. Of course, it's the last five new movies I saw. I'm not about to put in that I watched Donnie Darko for the umpteenth time a couple of days ago.

Now, the whole reason that I put that there was so that I could inconspicuously lead into a post about the latest movie I saw, The Last Kiss. I finally saw this last night after waiting the excruciating months between the release here and the release in the United States. Why was it an excruciating wait? Because it was reported to be a fantastic movie! And if you are one who doesn't take to other people's reviews of films (in which case you've probably stopped reading by now) then having the Hollywood golden boy, Zach Braff, in the film would be selling point enough, right? Wrong. Rachel Bilson, formerly of The O.C. fame, makes her film debut, with force.

I've only seen this film the once, so giving any sort of in-depth review would in no way do it justice. Instead, I'll just say that Zach Braff appears to be unable to anything wrong. Scrubs still goes strong (when most other shows are struggling to keep their viewer base). Garden State still stands the test of time. And now The Last Kiss. I originally said that Kiss was no State, but I think if I had second and subsequent viewings, it could be treated with the same esteem I give State.

Either way, The Last Kiss comes highly recommended from me. Go see it. The acting is superb, the whole plot, the development, and certainly the script is without a doubt up among the best of this year. But of all time? I'll have to see it a few more times to make that call.

Thomas.

No comments: