Monday, June 05, 2006

Something that never occurred to me, though seems entirely logical in this technology day and age, is video-blogs. I've, for a year and a bit now, been a YouTube-a-holic. When it first hit the Internet last February, it was big and word spread like a bushfire. Now I headed over and looked for things that interested me, but nothing like that of a blog or the like. But recently, purely by accident, I loaded a movie that was, in fact, a video-blog. The author, I later found out after some research, was a YouTube-Icon. Her screen-name is FilthyWhore. She appears in the "Most Subscribed" list (2181 subscribers gets her the 4th postion of all time). Her videos garner a high-quantity of comments, though unfortunately an amount of them are negative. She's well know and has quite a fan base. Be this far from some sort of 'fan post', though I appear to be, I'll bring it back to the point I intended.

As lame/ isolationist/ pathetic as it sounds, I'm absolutely loving watching these things. I don't really know why either, probably has something to do with some psychology crap that I slept through during class that I might be able to flesh out, but for the sake of myself, I won't. But I can't stop watching them, especially the afore mentioned user. There's something interesting about hearing a person speaking about, really, nothing. But it's more than reading some random written blog (something I used to do much more frequently), it's as if you are listening to the mind 'work'. A person speaking without a script, on what ever springs to mind. It's pure free-speech at it's finest. It's not like Reality T.V. where poeple are playing for the camera for one reason or another. It's not like a conversation where people are speaking to a reason and point. These video-blogs are really unique. If you have a chance, or not, whatever you want, I'd really encourage you to check out a couple.

Clayton Northcutt.

No comments: