Sunday, September 24, 2006

At long, long last I have finally been able to get my hands on one of the greatest films of all time: On The Waterfront. For years now I've been on the hunt for the DVD and had all but given up hope on buying it. But now, thanks to Borders, I finally get to relive Brando's greatest performance (though on any given day I could easily say that his role in The Godfather or A Streetcar Name Desire are just as good, if not better), and the quotable, famous line:

"I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am. Let's face it......"

So expect a post of praise for this movie very soon. It's not only one of the greatest of all times, it is in the Northcutt Top Five, an accolade that rivals any award or recognition the world over.

Thomas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Clayton. Are you intereted in writing for www.brownnoiseunit.com?

Thomas said...

I am interested, but have a few questions. Would it be in a blog-type capacity, or would I be required to do a certain amount of posts on certain days and the like? And also topics: I see that the premise of the website (began at least) is music-orientated.

But yeah, am interested.

Clayton Northcutt.