Thursday, September 14, 2006

I watched 20:1 last night. I watched it an it pissed me off. Not because they had (pft) Imagine as the number one song, nor that Elvis was something like number sixteen, but because of some pathetic, disgusting response to the issue of suicide made Mr. Gary Anderson, otherwise known as that bald, fat, ugly, revolting Angry Anderson.

Now I know that I shouldn't pick on those that are uneducated, those who are mentally-disadvantaged, the disabled, but this guy really pissed me off with his comment. Kurt Cobain's unfortunate suicide was brought up at the same time as Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit song was put into the list (deservedly I might add). And Anderson's comment was, well, I can't describe it much worse than what it actually implied:
"It's [suicide] a piss-poor excuse"

A piss-poor excuse? Does this person have a brain or a walnut rubbing up against a peanut? And in case anyone thought that it was an accident, or something spur-of-the-moment, he went on to say: "Don't get me started on that". So quite clearly this idiot actually believes that suicide is an excuse.

This is what you get as a product of drugs, alcohol and pure, unadulterated stupidity. Suicide is so far removed from an excuse, it's like saying this view is pardonable. It's a joke and a disgrace that Channel 9 aired those comments, it's even worse that someone believes this, and it's a real shame that someone may have watched this, who has had suicidal thoughts, who now thinks that suicide has some sort of public stigma attached to it (because of what celebrities of this type represent), and will not speak out about their problems, won't seek any sort of help, and just succumb to this "piss-poor" excuse.

Some people just piss me off beyond belief.

Thomas.

No comments: