Friday, September 29, 2006

"Fame lasts a lifetime, immortality is through Persiflage"

That all-too poignant quote was thought up by me two minutes ago.

But why did I think of it? What frame of mind was I in to think of such truths? Well, after a recent exchange of ideas and suggestions between myself and the good Samuel Gordon-Stewart (of SamuelGordonStewart.com and of Samuel's Persiflage fame) I have come to believe that my name, Thomas, will live on, throughout the ages of mankind, and into the endless void that is time and space. What was that exchange you ask?

Well ...

It began a few days ago, September 16th, on my blog no less. Some of my friends and I had toyed with, neigh, whispered about the prospect of appearing on the award-winning Samuel's Persiflage, though never thought my mere blog or meager mind capable of being summoned by the great boy himself, Samuel. The following comment was left by one of those friends on a post about Samuel's 'activities' with scammers:

Well done Mr Northcutt. Your valiant efforts on behalf of all consumers have been rewarded by well deserved recognition on Samuel’s blog. I sincerely hope that this will embolden the followers of your cause, perhaps leading to further recognition with an interview on the subject on the widely renowned Samuel’s Persiflage.

What a suggestion! To merely utter Thomas, Samuel and Persiflage in the same comment, much less suggest the three be mingled into an outcome could be seen as blasphemous! However, we let the comment stand, hoping Samuel would respond in kind. And then, September 27the, I saw an opportunity to ask Samuel to his blog-face about my prospects of attaining glory through Persiflage, as I don't doubt that he, with his busy and hectic life, had no spare time to read the comments left on my frivolous blog:

Samuel, I have a question:

What would it take to immortalise my fame and be interviewed on Samuel’s Persiflage? Would I be required to drive to Chateau de Gordon-Stewart, because I’d be more than willing? We could talk about scammers, or blogging.

Thomas.

However, I received no reply, though, granted, it was foolish of I to reply 6th in a thread of comments in post that wasn't even the latest! However, still determined, I persevered, head-strong due to the strength that I have gained from the young Samuel Gordon-Stewart:

Samuel,

I ask thou again, as with, no doubt, the overwhelming amount of fan mail and letters you get, it may have slipped by simply by leaving it as the sixth comment on an old thread:

What would it take to immortalise my fame and be interviewed on Samuel’s Persiflage? Would I be required to drive to Chateau de Gordon-Stewart, because I’d be more than willing? We could talk about scammers, or blogging.

Thomas.

To my overwhelming excitement I received a reply, not half an hour after posting my comment (20 minutes to the minute to be precise actually):

Sorry Thomas, I’ve been intending on replying for the last few nights…I almost had time last night, but I didn’t get to bed until 4am…interview was at 2am, finished around 3pm (we started later than expected), and I was fiddling with the audio for a while after wards.

Probably the best thing to do is send me an email outlining what you would like to talk about, I’m very interested in your idea of talking about scammers given your experiences with them.

You don’t need to come to Canberra…Skypre would be preferable (and would probably deliver near-studio quality), but telephone is fine. The interview I did last night utilised Skype…the quality was that good that I could have said that the guest was in the studio and had flown in from the US just to be on the show, and nobody would have known.

And yes, the identity of the guest is a secret for now, but I will give you a couple clues:
Male
Based in the US
Mentioned on this site previously

I thought I was due for an apology and comment of thanks for bestowing upon me such a prestigious opportunity. I whipped this up nine minutes into the new day, after returning from a function, and am still guilt-ridden for the tardiness of my reply:

I do apologise for giving you such a hard time over not replying and all, especially given that you are running on minimal sleep after an 11 hour interview.

I shall send you an email very soon about what I would like to talk about. I believe some time on Sunday will be the most likely.

Thank-you for your response and consideration of this humble person for such an illustrious audio show.
Also, to venture a guess as to who you interviewed, did you repay the favour (and relive the great exchange that you two had) with Wayne Mac? If you have interviewed him it would, no doubt, be the greatest Persiflage in the history of Persiflages.

Thomas.

Imagine! Everyone's favourite blogger, Samuel Gordon-Stewart, interviewing a scammer's worst nightmare, and blogger (though no where in Samuel's league) Thomas, on Samuel's Persiflage. I am sure it would rank among the top of all Persiflages downloaded.

With swift mind and steadfast hand, I will email young Samuel my ideas for an interview and report back, though only after Samuel has given me his feedback so as I don't give away too many spoilers of said interview.

Also, while I have your attention, you will find that Samuel received some rather nasty emails, someone claiming his website is a "waste of space". Now, far be it from me to defend to young boy, but I will be devoting a post of length to this topic very soon, outlining why the Internet is everyone's to use, as they see fit mind you (within the law of course), and why anyone (or any majority's opinion) is null and void in a 'free space' like this.

Thomas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to interview Samuel for BNU except I was given the cold shoulder.

Being interviewed on Persiflage Clayton, is a definate fast track to fame.

The Persiflage casts a wide net to thither and yon, encompassing a vast audience.

I pray you become one of the lucky ones and are immortalised via Samuel's Persiflage.

Anonymous said...

"Fame lasts a lifetime, immortality is through Persiflage"

Yes! This has to be the most pertinent quote since any of Churchill's.

Three of my musical tracks have been imortalised through Persiflage and I haven't looked back since.