Thursday, November 23, 2006

My world came crashing down one-hundred and nine hours ago (approximately). What event could have caused a catastrophe? My Internet died. Yes, I was without access to, in reality, my life, for an excess of four days! Trust me, I was going insane fast.

The disappointing thing is I ended up walking aimlessly around my house, a hollow shell of my former self. If I had a resounding thought, I would have to ... handwrite it. If I wanted to speak to someone I would have to ... actually speak to them. I had to acknowledge my family, prior to now known as "those other people who live in the house". I felt removed from the word: with no snail-mail to replace my email, I felt under-appreciated and unacknowledged. My spine began to reform into its natural shape, rather than the twisted, contorted and bent posture it is begin to return to.

Truly I was lost. But now am found - found by a bearded man on a contract from Telstra. He is the messiah and he will lead me to the promised land.

Thomas.

No comments: