Sunday, November 19, 2006

Well, it starts again. I received an email from a one Henry Coleman (two actually, but I suppose his automated email sender has a glitch). Here follows:

Dear Friend,

I know this email will come to you in an odd manner as you have not received any prior communication from me before now.

But be that as it may, my name is Mr. Henry Coleman and I was privileged to be the account officer of my deceased client who lost his life sometime ago.

In the process of review of the financial report by my bank, I discovered that both of you have a similar last name, hence I contacted you so that I can give you further briefing on my intention and how to disburse the estate he left behind.

I will most acknowledge your prompt response as that would enable us to start something immediately.

Sincerely,

Henry Coleman.

Who am I to refuse this seemingly honest man his offer to give me money. But how much money? And are we dealing with the same person? Well, I thought we should set the record straight:

Dear Buddy,
Thank-you for contacting me in regards to this issue.
If your deceased client's name is similar to mine, I believe we will be in business. You must be quite an able research to discover my surname as I don't generally publish or reveal it. However, if you have managed to find someone else with the rare surname of Northcutt, as stated, we may have things to discuss.

My family has, in fact, recently lost a family member, and thus, I don't believe this to be a coincidence or a mistake, what with the matching surnames and all. It was Randal J. Northcutt, who lived in Hong Kong due to his card-carrying status of the Australian Communist Party. He felt that because he could never be Chinese, he shouldn't join the Chinese Communist Party, but instead his own nation's one. Also, he couldn't un-join as he was the last member, and there would be no one to witness the procedures. If this sounds like your client, then I have no doubt that we should be talking.

Could you please inform me as to the size of Randal's estate to see if it is worth the hassle of doing business, i.e. I don't particularly have time to arrange the transaction of 50 Ethopian goat (as that is where most of his business was done, Ethopia, due to the cheap cost of land, labour and life). I am a slightly busy man, what with my position as Executive Officer of Outlet EDF23 for the Matsushita Semiconductor Company, unprofessional blogger and professional 'do-nothing' (also known as a uni student).

My regards,
Thomas.

Now I sit and hope that I get a reply. This looks like another Mr. Kian. Quite ironic too that I was quoted as someone who has fun with scammers on a blog, and I get another email from them.

Thomas.

No comments: