Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I once swallowed Listerine (don't ask) and worried if the alcohol would put me over the limit, being a P-plater and all and not being allowed to blow 0.0001~. Well, I guess it turns out that I would have been over, because I've just found out that it's the beverage of choice for Northern Terrestrials. Don't know what I'm talking about? Here you go.

Yes, to replace the petrol sniffing that replaced the alcoholism, it would appear that with the advent of smell-free petrol to the bowser up north, Listerinism is all the craze now. What will those crazies think up next? The article suggests that it's an indigenous thing, but I'm sure I've seen a bogan or two sucking down a cool green, minty ale in my times out West. And North. And at Central Station, before getting mugged, because it's supposedly a crime hot spot now. Someone should tell them though that the No Frills mouthwash tastes like copper, and you're left walking round not with the minty-cool-fresh mouth feeling of Listerine (and you still have your barnacles on your boat), rather the feeling that you're sucking on a handful of loose change.

Something bad is seriously in the water up there. Probably from the nuclear tests that were done in and around that part of the world. I say we blame the British! Or the French. Why not both?

Thomas.

No comments: