Saturday, May 26, 2007

This month may very well become the most successful month for this blog. Not surprisingly, it's been the most hectic, in terms of university work, that I've had all year I suspect. Already I've had more visitors this months (466 as of right now, with five days to go) compared to the previous best (434 for th whole month of November '06), and the post count is at twenty-one (inclusive) - one shy of my most productive month of August '06 (with 22 posts). Note that I'm 123 page views short of the most in a month (October '06).

As I thought about this, I remembered reading Jim Belshaw's post about why people blog and the sense of community. It was rather insightful, and I believed it to be true (I even left a comment! Shock and awe!), and it made me think about why I blog. I know that this blog generally serves as a distraction from university work for me, but I suspect that I also use it as an outlet to have the conversations that I don't have with other people (the whole six or so people that I speak to in real life), or at least blow off some steam that I otherwise would have to keep inside.

I have a high regard for people who blog for an actual purpose, rather than fulfilling their own wants and needs, as with me. But the fact that some might find all this interesting is in itself interesting.

Thomas.

1 comment:

Jim Belshaw said...

Hi Thomas. I have added a PS to my post quoting you! I feel another post coming on!